Hash Zahed is a business law attorney who is passionate about assisting entrepreneurs who want to use business as a tool for good. Hash’s approach to practicing law is centered on the concept that the best way to help the people he serves is to take the time to understand their goals in order to customize creative solutions.
Hash advises scaling startups as outside general counsel on a variety of matters, including:
- Forming: entity formations and conversions
- Fundraising: angel and VC financings (pre-Seed, Seed, A+)
- Hiring: employment law compliance, equity incentives, etc.
- Selling: commercial and licensing agreements with customers, partners, vendors, suppliers, etc.
- Exiting: M&A transactions
Representative matters include:
- Represented SaaS company in $8.5M acquisition.
- Represented fintech startup in $67M Series B financing ($1B valuation).
- Represented gaming startup in $62M Series B financing ($1B valuation).
- Represented SaaS startup in $110M Series D financing.
- Represented SaaS startup in $40M Series C financing.
- Represented AI startup in $14.5M Series A financing.
- Represented AI SaaS startup in $12.6M Series A financing.
- Represented AI startup in $9.5M Series A financing.
- Represented impact-focused fintech startup in $7.25M Series A financing.
- Represented fintech startup in $6M Series A financing.
- Represented consumer products startup in $4.25M Series Seed financing.
- Represented social impact fintech startup in $3M Series Seed financing.
- Represented food and beverage startup in $2M Series Seed financing.
- Represented clean energy startup in $1M Series Seed financing.
- Represented SaaS startup in $1M Series Seed financing.
- Represented education startup in $1.5M Series Seed financing.
- Represented numerous startups in SAFE and convertible note financings.
- Advise numerous startups with respect to compliance with GDPR, CCPA and other data privacy laws.
Hash is actively involved in the UC Berkeley and startup community, including the following:
- UC Berkeley Big Ideas: judge, mentor, and Practitioner-in-Residence
- UC Berkeley Social Innovator OnRamp course: guest lecturer
- Haas LAUNCH: legal advisor
- Founders Space accelerator: mentor
- Runway accelerator: mentor
While at Berkeley Law, Hash was an editor of the California Law Review and the Berkeley Journal of Employment and Labor Law. Hash was also a member of the Board of Advocates and served as a summer extern for The Honorable John T. Noonan of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
In his free time, Hash enjoys traveling, staying active, and cheering on his SF Giants, Warriors, and Golden Bears.
- *Pending Licensure in Texas