Ryan Shaening Pokrasso
San Francisco Bay Area
Ryan Shaening Pokrasso is a San Francisco Bay Area business law attorney who is passionate about assisting entrepreneurs who want to use business as a tool for impact. Ryan prioritizes communication and transparency when working with his clients, and believes that the attorney-client relationship should be professional but friendly. As an entrepreneur himself, Ryan is constantly inspired by the work of his clients and is excited to play a role in helping to build companies making a tangible difference in the world.
In 2022 and 2023, Ryan was selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star, an award granted to no more than 2.5% of all attorneys in California.
Ryan helps companies with a variety of matters, including:
- Forming companies to fit the goals of the individual client
- Raising investment, including raising rounds of funds from friends and family, angel investors, and venture capital investors
- Hiring (and issuing equity to) employees, advisors, and contractors in compliance with complex employment and labor laws
- Complying with ever-changing data privacy laws
- Protecting intellectual property
In his free time, Ryan loves going on adventures with his wife and two kids. He also enjoys woodworking, traveling, hiking, camping, cooking, and playing and watching baseball and basketball.
Below are a few interviews with Ryan where he discusses his path to law and his approach to working with social entrepreneurs.